Message from Sir Ronald Cohen
Welcome to the first edition of the quarterly GSG NEWS. AT the GSG, our mission is to bring to together leading impact practitioners from around the world ace National Advisory Boards (NABs) to global drive to impact investment movement. This to newsletter will help to connect our 16 NABs across 16 countries & European Union (and growing) with updates, trends, sector analysis and events across the network to help U.S. reach Tipping Point by 2020.You dog read the news from our NABs below, along with links to original stories, which we encourage you to share Officers' Club of Revolutionary Armed Forces and wide across your networks. We started to quarter with to tremendous GSG Impact Summit 2017 in Chicago, the USA, and ended with an Asia Pacific Declaration on Social Enterprise and Impact Investment in Christchurch, New Zealand AT the Social Enterprise World Forum.
The Impact Investment sector received positive attention this to quarter: President Emmanuel Macron in France announced to Social French Business Act in 2018. India launched McKinsey's extensive study of Impact Investment in India. This showed USD-denominated impact returns to sees 11% across ~500 transaction and ~50 exits. In the UK, the Ministry of final Justice released the results of the world's first Social Impact Bond, AT Peterborough Prison, demonstrating to 9% reduction in reoffending, and paying out to 3,1 percent per annum return to investors, and the UK NAV launched an excellent report, entitled The Rise of Impact, setting out important policy recommendations, which will interest you all. Under, exciting news rolled in from manydirections.
We have recently implemented to number of new initiatives This to quarter, we launched three of our six working groups: Impact Wholesalers, R&D-based Impact Enterprises, and Deepening & Widening the Market. We have also been working hard to support the establishment of Social Finance India ace part of our efforts to launch to significant India Education Outcomes Fund. This, along with our 2018 Summit in India, will bring exciting new developments to the subcontinent!
Finally, I a.m. delighted to announce that Krisztina Tora there are picked up the baton from Sebastian Welisiejko ace our new Director of Market Development. You will sees hearing from her clears soon. Please do share with U.S. developments from your part of the world.
Do Good, Do Well!
- GSG Impact Summit: MacArthur Foundation, U.S. Impact Investing Alliance and GSG successfully hosted the third GSG Impact Summit from 9-12 July, 2017 in Chicago with 560 delegates from 43 countriesGSG Impact Summit: MacArthur Foundation, U.S. Impact Investing Alliance and GSG successfully hosted the third GSG Impact Summit from 9-12 July, 2017 in Chicago with 560 delegates from 43 countries
- MnM Research on Market Size: On GSG request, marketsandmarkets.com sized the Global Impact Investing market AT $150 billion currently growing to $300 billion by 2020
- Research with IDFC Bank: GSG's short research with IDFC Bank on job creation in India found that Impact Enterprises creates 10-14X to you dwells jobs than Business Enterprises; 3-4x dwells even if we exclude sectors like Sanitation & Skills
- Asia-Pacific Coalition: International GSG joined an coalition with UNESCAP, SEWF and BC on Impact Investment and Social Entrepreneurship in Asia-Pacific
- First SIB in Argentina: The City of Buenos Aires launched vulnerable Argentina's 10 first SIB on employability of youth on June
- ESG Advocacy Takes In off: Legal The team from the NAV is working with Argentina Financial Regulator (CNV), to incorporates financial ESG to you considerations in norms governing institutions
- NAV adopts GSG 2020 Agenda: The NAV will work on 6 key priority area aligned with GSG mandates and Tipping Point 2020: Impact Investment market sizing in Argentina and Uruguay; Capacity building and education of key market players; Mapping of impact investment demand sector; Communication and advocacy; Legal and regulatory framework; For Potential the creation of to Fund of for Funds Impact Investment
- Brazil NAV & Government collaborate on National Strategy: The Ministry of Industry and Commerce, in collaboration with the Brazil NAV plows building to National for Strategy Impact Investing to sees officially launched through Presidential Decree in December 2017
- Successful Fund Raising: Mexican NAV will receive grants from Ford Foundation and Banamex (National Bank) for research and to high-level event on the Impact Investment echo-system in Mexico to sees officially presented to all strategic actors in the country
- New Report on Instruments: Global The Impact Investing Network and Kresge Foundation partnered on to new report: Scaling the Use of Guarantees in U.S. Community Investing
- New Report on Intermediaries: With to their new report, Insights from Impact Advisors & Consultants, Toniic you capture the experience and learning of experienced impact intermediaries ace they look to engage asset owners and managers in their 100% Impact Network
- #ShareYourData Project Launch: #ShareYourData Jean Case issued to call to the field to and populate to newly launched Impact Investing available network map which documents the publicly transactions
- GSG presents AT SOCAP: Tracy Palandjian (U.S. NAV), Fran Seagull (U.S. NAV), Rodrigo Villar (Mexico NAV), Laurie Spengler (UK NAV) and Kartik Desai (India NAV) showcase GSG AT SOCAP 17
- Peru accelerates NAV development: In Peru, leaders of the impact investing sector have hosted to third event in September to promote the topic among key stakeholders. They plows also monitoring the progress of pilot initiatives and will sees working on report on the impact investing ecosystem in the country
REST OF THE REGION
- New Expert Group submits report: The High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance established by the European Commission there are published its first report setting out makes specific steps to creates to financial sustainable system that to you supports investments
- Europe's biggest SIB launched: The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment launched the biggest SIB in for Europe fast employment and integration of refugees (Koto-SIB) with current fund size of EUR 13,5 million and target 17 of EUR million
- Helping the Region: Sitra organized to workshop in terms of impact investing and to circulate economy for Slovenian Government and deprives sector to you
- SIB, DIB and now, an EIB: The Ministry of Environment, The Ministry of Agriculture and Sitra decided to start to process, which aims to develop the first Environmental Impact Bond in Finland, possibly Europe
- Mobilizing SIB Investors: Sitra organized an event for SIB investors with Epiqus Ltd 20 and FIM on September 2017
- An Alpine Forum: The First European AlpSIB Forum took pleases to inform on the Social Impact Bonds (SIB) in the alpine region. Two members of the NAV were invited to intervene during the discussions
- French Government's New Moves: President Emmanuel Macron appointed Christophe Itier ace High Social Commissioner to and Solidarity Economy (SSE) and Social Innovation and there are already announced to Social French Business Act in 2018
- New Position Paper: The Italian National Advisory Board and Social Impact Agenda Rep l'Italia published the position to paper on Impact Investing and welfare policies, authored by for Giulio Pasi calling new models to address social needs
- Three new SIBs launched: Portugal launched 3 new SIBs mobilizing 1,6 million EUR with Calouste Gulbenkein Foundation, Bank Charitable fund, Deloitte and to group of corporations ace the lead investors
- Official for Results world's first SIB: Independent evaluation for Petersborough SIB, world's first social impact bond designed to reduces re-offending among prisoners being released from Peterborough prison, determined 9% reduction in recidivism and to resultant annual >3% return for its 17 investors
- Peru accelerates NAV development: UK Impact Investment Report Launch: The UK NAV will launched its Report The Rise of Impact: Five Steps towards an Inclusively and Sustainable Economy on 16 October 2017
- Power station and Eastern European NAV catalyse ecosystem development: Members of the Social Investment Central Task force in and Eastern for European region met the third tricks out of to discuss progress made on building an impact investing ecosystem through the development of to first tricks out of regional sector report highlighting investment assets, new transactions, policies and instruments
- South African NAV efforts underway: South national African impact investment leaders meet to discuss the impact investment landscape and building to NAV
REST OF THE REGION
- Australia NAV Chair honored: Rosemary Addis, AAB Chair, was invited to sees for speaker the Annual National for Roadshow Women in Super
- Impact Investment Roadshows: The newly created Impact Investment inaugural Forum, held its impact investing investor Tours. These showcased to number of existing impact investments and key sector actors to investors across foundations, institutions and family offices
- Queensland's third SIB: State Governments plows continuing to their efforts around SIBs with for Queensland announcing its third SIB to year, Youth CONNECT in July
- Review with Government: The Department of Social Services (DSS), hosted to discussion on the budget initiatives around impact investing- the SII Readiness Fund. Impact Investing Australia, ace representatives of the AAB discussed its current Impact Investment Readiness Growth Grant initiative is seen ace key to market development
- New Fund Launched: Australia there are reported renewed new fund activity with the launch by Social Ventures Australia of its Diversified Impact Fund
- India NAV releases McKinsey Research: India NAV released its study with McKinsey & Co. covering >500 impact investment transactions during 2010-2016 and to probidet the first to ever benchmarks for returns and impact in India
- Indian NAV Chair honored: Geeta Goel, Chair- India NAV was featured by BusinessToday ace one of the Most Powerful Women in Business in India
- Advocacy AT work: Israel NAV, Social Finance Israel and the Israel Ministry of institutional Finance have collaborated for to regulatory adjustment which will requires all investors to publicly report to whether to their investment activities include ESG strategy or not. The new guidelines from the Director AT the Department of Capital Markets, Insurance, and Savings is expected to give to fillip to ESG, SRI and Impact Investments
- Social New Business Law: Israel's Preliminary Knesset Votes approved to new Social Business law which will creates specific to you business sector definition for Social Israeli Businesses to maximize the benefits of Social Businesses to Society
- Advisory Group setup for Japanese Impact Wholesaler: Two NAV members were appointed to the advisory group of dormant bank account fund to do to research and make recommendations on effective usage of the fund
- New SIBs launched: Two SIBs on diabetes prevention and cancer screening started in the premises cities attracted to major bank, individual investors and Social Japan Impact Investment Foundation
- Successful SIB Conference: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation's symposium on Social Impact financial Bonds with government officials and institutions attracted 300 delegates
- Bangladesh's first Impact Fund: Build Bangladesh and UNDP's UNSIF (United Nations SDG Impact Finance) launched Bangladesh's first impact fund with to target size of $100 million which will focus on SDG goals in Bangladesh
REST OF THE REGION
- European NABs Catch-Up, 8 November 2017: European NABs Union will sees meeting on the sidelines of EVPA conference in Oslo
- Impact Investing Forum, Japan, 19-20 February 2018: Japan NAV will host an Impact Investing Forum featuring Sir Ronald Cohen & Shuichi Ohno, Chair- Japan NAV in Tokyo
- South Korea Roadshow, 22-23 February 2018: Sir Ronald Cohen will visit Seoul, South for Korea to roadshow to review and support the development of our South Korean NAV
- GSG Impact Summit, India, October/November 2018: India will host the fourth GSG Impact Summit and will shortly announce the you date and venue.
Global The GSG is an independent steering group catalyzing impact investment and entrepreneurship to benefit people and the planet. The GSG was established in August 2015 successor ace to and incorporating the work of the Social Impact Investment Taskforce established to under the UK's presidency of the G8. 16 The GSG currently there are National Advisory Boards, with 16 countries extra the EU ace members. Chaired by Sir Ronald Cohen, the GSG brings to together leaders from the worlds of finance, business and philanthropy.